Restaurants and Food Industry
For restaurants and food service companies, finding the right plastic packaging can be challenging.
Plastic Ingenuity offers a full range of food packaging solutions that complement the way companies do business, whether it’s a small local deli or a large food industry conglomerate. Plastic food packaging requirements vary from company to company and from item to item. Most companies require the flexibility and precision of custom food packaging products; PI can provide large volume or small run production parts designed specifically for each customer’s unique requirements. For customers seeking large production runs, PI can manufacture its products in an in-line process, whereby the product goes from plastic resin pellets to trimmed, final products in one, long step, without ever being handled by PI’s employees. On the other end of the customer spectrum, PI has developed a stock packaging line for those customers looking to avoid tooling costs and with smaller order requirements.
PI’s versatility and flexibility has proven to be an asset to a variety of customers.
“Plastic Ingenuity is quick to respond to issues and quick to expedite a project. All of this is done through my account rep. He funnels everything to the appropriate people.”
— Senior Packaging Engineer at Sara Lee Foods
Plastic Ingenuity’s wide range of plastic food packaging containers allows restaurant and deli owners a large selection of carry-out solutions for their business needs.
PI can design custom plastic food packaging to suit both the theme of the restaurant and the primary type of food served there. In the past, these efforts have helped our customers promote their products after the end user has left the restaurant, which encourages repeat business for carry-out and in-store dining.
Industry Leading Quality
All of our custom food packaging solutions are designed and manufactured to the highest standards of quality.
These designs include one-piece and two-piece designs, shelf stable packages, and leak resistant and tamper evident packaging. PI’s quality attributes include the following:
“At every stage of the process, we work to provide maximum eye appeal for the product and ensure that our packaging maintains the freshness and flavor of the foods presented. A number of leading food product manufacturers entrust Plastic Ingenuity to deliver the quality and reliability required by today’s increasingly regulated and visible food packaging industry.”
- SQF Level Three Certification;
- Industry leading quality assurance and ISO 9001: 2000 Certification;
- Associate member of the Refrigerated Foods Association;
- GMP procedures;
- Annual Third Party Food Audits of appropriate PI facilities;
- Available EVOH, barrier laminates and anti-fog materials;
- Choice of PE, PP, PET, CPET, HIPS or bioresins; and
- Superior traceability
Juan Carlos Sague, Sr. Manager Packaging
“Our industry and business is very fast-paced. That is why we look for a food packaging supplier to always be there for us and make it a smooth ride. Plastic Ingenuity’s customer service is truly unmatched. From concept to design, to production to distribution, it is truthfully effortless to work with Plastic Ingenuity. We are very pleased that PI is our source for food packaging.”
Nick Johnson, Director of Brand Management
SQF Level Three Certification
All of Plastic Ingenuity’s U.S. locations are SQF, level three certified.
The SQF (Safe Quality Food) program is a leading global food safety and quality certification and management system, designed to meet the needs of buyers and suppliers. The program provides independent certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management systems comply with international and domestic food safety regulations. This enables suppliers to assure customers that food has been produced, processed, prepared, and finally, handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
There are three separate levels of certification for Safe Quality Food programs; Levels one, two or three. Plastic Ingenuity received the highest level of certification, level three. This certification comes with many supplemental benefits. It provides buyers and suppliers with the confidence and reassurance that audits are performed in a standard, efficient manner. Here are a few additional advantages of SQF certification according to the Safe Quality Food Institute:
Benefits for buyers:
- Overall consistency
- Audit conduction consistency
- Audit outcome consistency
- Comparing results
- Access to details of SQF certified suppliers
- List of all SQF suppliers
- Password protected access to SQF
Supplier certification status
- Audit summary report and detailed audit report
- Audits conducted to establish format
- Registered auditors
- Audit and certification processes
In addition, requiring SQF certification from suppliers helps protect your brand by ensuring your suppliers are focusing on hazard analysis, risk assessment and proactive prevention strategies. This, in turn, increases consumer confidence and loyalty.
Benefits for Suppliers
- Competitive advantages
- Recognized worldwide
- Promotes confidence in food safety, quality, and legality
- Enhanced marketing image
- Cost advantages
- Provides a platform for consistent improvement in process quality and safety, allowing processors valuable time and resources historically lost to multiple and conflicting audit standards
- Improves process management by helping to proactively identify and manage risk so as to avoid stock recoveries, market withdrawals, and rework
- Increases yield by reducing material waste
- Streamlines risk and process management
- Safety and quality advantages
- Addresses food safety requirements
- Provides proof of due diligence
- Encourages safe and responsible manufacturing processes
- Complies with regulatory requirements
Plastic Ingenuity is pleased to have received this certification and eager to partner with customers demanding this high level of safety and quality.