Plastic Ingenuity’s Cross Plans, WI and Mazomanie, WI facilities have recently received SQF, level three certification. The SQF (Safe Quality Food) program is a leading global food safety and quality certification and management system, designed to meet the needs of buyers and suppliers. The program provides independent certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management systems comply with international and domestic food safety regulations. This enables suppliers to assure customers that food has been produced, processed, prepared, and finally, handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
There are three separate levels of certification for Safe Quality Food programs. Plastic Ingenuity received the highest level of certification, level three. This certification comes with many supplemental benefits. It provides buyers and suppliers with the confidence and reassurance that audits are performed in a standard, efficient manner.
Here are a few additional advantages of SQF certification according to the Safe Quality Food Institute:
Benefits for buyers
- In the way audits are conducted
- In the audit outcome
- Comparing results
- Access to details of SQF certified suppliers
- List of all SQF suppliers
- Password protected access to SQF supplier certification status
- Audit summary report and detailed audit report
- Audits conducted to establish format
- Registered auditors
- Audit and certification processes
In addition, requiring SQF certification from suppliers helps protect your brand by ensuring your suppliers are focusing on hazard analysis, risk assessment and proactive prevention strategies. This, in turn, increases consumer confidence and loyalty.
Benefits for Suppliers
- Competitive advantages
- Recognized worldwide
- Promotes confidence in food safety, quality, and legality
- Enhanced marketing image
- Cost advantages
- Provides a platform for consistent improvement in process quality and safety, allowing processors valuable time and resources historically lost to multiple and conflicting audit standards
- Improves process management by helping to proactively identify and manage risk so as to avoid stock recoveries, market withdrawals, and rework
- Increases yield by reducing material waste
- Streamlines risk and process management
- Safety and quality advantages
- Addresses food safety requirements
- Provides proof of due diligence
- Encourages safe and responsible manufacturing processes
- Complies with regulatory requirements
Plastic Ingenuity is pleased to have received this certification and eager to partner with customers demanding this high level of safety and quality.