For many companies in the food sector, finding the right plastic packaging can be challenging. Plastic Ingenuity offers a full range of food packaging solutions that complement the way companies do business, whether it’s in the food processing or food service industries.
Plastic food packaging requirements vary from company to company and from item to item. Most companies require the flexibility and precision of custom food packaging products; PI can provide large-volume or small pilot run production parts designed specifically for each customer’s unique requirements. For customers seeking large production runs, PI can manufacture its products in an in-line process, whereby the product goes from plastic resin pellets to formed and trimmed final products in one efficient process.
PI’s versatility and flexibility has proven to be an asset to a variety of customers.
Plastic Ingenuity is quick to respond to issues and quick to expedite a project. All of this is done through my account rep. He funnels everything to the appropriate people.
— Senior Packaging Engineer at Sara Lee Foods
Industry Leading Quality
All of our custom food packaging solutions are designed and manufactured to the highest standards of quality.
These designs include one-piece and two-piece designs, shelf-stable packages, grab-and-go, leak-resistant and tamper-evident packaging. PI’s quality attributes include the following:
- SQF Level Three Certification
- Industry-leading quality assurance and ISO 9001: 2000 Certification
- Associate member of the Refrigerated Foods Association
- GMP procedures
- Annual third-party food audits of appropriate PI facilities
- Available EVOH, barrier laminates, and anti-fog materials
- Choice of PE, PP, PET, CPET, HIPS or bio-resins
- Superior traceability
SQF Level Three Certification
All of Plastic Ingenuity’s U.S. locations are SQF level-three certified.
The SQF (Safe Quality Food) program is a leading global food safety and quality certification and management system, designed to meet the needs of buyers and suppliers. The program provides independent certification that a supplier’s food safety and quality management systems comply with international and domestic food safety regulations. This enables suppliers to assure customers that food has been produced, processed, prepared, and finally, handled according to the highest possible standards, at all levels of the supply chain.
There are three separate levels of certification for Safe Quality Food programs: Levels one, two, and three. Plastic Ingenuity received the highest level of certification—level three. This certification comes with many supplemental benefits. It provides buyers and suppliers with the confidence and reassurance that audits are performed in a standard, efficient manner. Here are a few additional advantages of SQF certification according to the Safe Quality Food Institute:
Benefits for buyers:
- Overall consistency
- Audit conduction consistency
- Audit outcome consistency
- Comparing results
- Access to details of SQF certified suppliers
- List of all SQF suppliers
- Password-protected access to SQF
Supplier certification status
- Audit summary report and detailed audit report
- Audits conducted to establish format
- Registered auditors
- Audit and certification processes
In addition, requiring SQF certification from suppliers helps protect your brand by ensuring your suppliers are focusing on hazard analysis, risk assessment, and proactive prevention strategies. This, in turn, increases consumer confidence and loyalty.
Benefits for Suppliers
- Competitive advantages
- Recognized worldwide
- Promotes confidence in food safety, quality, and legality
- Enhanced marketing image
- Cost advantages
- Provides a platform for consistent improvement in process quality and safety, allowing processors valuable time and resources historically lost to multiple and conflicting audit standards
- Improves process management by helping to proactively identify and manage risk so as to avoid stock recoveries, market withdrawals, and rework
- Increases yield by reducing material waste
- Streamlines risk and process management
- Safety and quality advantages
- Addresses food safety requirements
- Provides proof of due diligence
- Encourages safe and responsible manufacturing processes
- Complies with regulatory requirements
Plastic Ingenuity is pleased to have received this certification and eager to partner with customers demanding this high level of safety and quality.